Your share could raise $30
Before you go, did you know that simply by sharing this campaign, you could help it raise $30? It's an effective way to support the cause.No thanks
- Add on tab
- Pin it
- Contact campaign
The Arc Erie County hasn't added a story.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GO OVER THE EDGE?
EVENT DATE: June 14, 2023
LOCATION: Seneca One Tower
How do I participate?
1. SIGN UP NOW to become an Edger
2. Easily set up your personal fundraising page
3. Reach the $2,000 fundraising minimum!
4. Experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel down Seneca One Tower in Buffalo, NY
ABOUT The Arc Erie County New York:
Started in 1951 by a group of parents who were seeking supports for their children with disabilities, The Arc Erie County New York has always been a place for people to feel welcome despite their differences.
At The Arc Erie County, we focus on the person as a whole, while considering their individualized needs and desires. We strive not only to support people with disabilities but to also support the family unit to ensure an all-inclusive care network. People are supported over the arc of a lifetime, from birth through end of life. A variety of opportunities are available for education, employment, clinical, community, recreation and residential supports through quality programming.
At The Arc Erie County, our staff are the backbone of what we do. We pledge to provide leadership at all levels of the agency and to cultivate a gratifying work experience for all. Our altruistic focus is communicated internally and externally so that all members of our community can Achieve with us.
Check out the FAQ page for more information!
Click here to download the Credit Card Guarantee form
We didn't find that.
Nothing to show yet.
HighlightsSee all activity308
What time do I rappel?
- The event occurs over an 8-hour day. The Arc & OTE Teams develop the rappeller schedule in the weeks prior to the event. We cannot guarantee a preferred rappelling time.
What about the weather?
- The OTE team has VERY strict rules regarding windspeed & watches the weather very carefully in the days prior to the event.
- We would rappel in rain but NOT in thunder/lightning.
How many rappeller spots are available?
- Currently we have two ropes and 44 rappeller spots that are available on June 14, 2023.
Can people supported by The Arc Erie County rappel?
- YES! Please contact the Development team to discuss any pertinent details!
What if I don’t meet the fundraising minimum?
- Once your meet your fundraising goal OR sign the credit card guarantee form, you will be given a slot on the rappeller schedule.
- If the minimum is not met or the credit card guarantee is not signed, you will not be given a spot on the rappeller schedule
What if I raise more than $2,000?
- Incentives & prizes are available to those to exceed the fundraising goal! All rappelers & volunteers will receive a t-shirt.
Can I wear a costume to rappel?
- Yes! But it does have to fit the safety guidelines (i.e. cannot interfere with the harness/helmet or be too loose/stringy).
Can I take pictures from the roof?
- Nope (for safety reasons). BUT Fotoflo will be taking pictures on the roof and they will be available by the time you get to the bottom!
How long does it take to rappel?
- About 20 minutes
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.