Your share could raise $30
Before you go, did you know that simply by sharing this campaign, you could help it raise $30? It's an effective way to support the cause.No thanks
- Add on tab
- Pin it
Mid-Iowa Council, Boy Scouts of America hasn't added a story.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GO OVER THE EDGE? The first 80 to raise $1,000 for Scouting will get the opportunity to rappel off the Wells Fargo Arena!
Spots filled 0 of 80
EVENT DATE: August 4th, 2023
Reception/MVIP Day: August 3rd, 2023
LOCATION: Wells Fargo Arena
How do I participate?
- SIGN UP NOW to become an Edger
- Easily set up your personal fundraising page
- Check out the Participant Guide
- Reach the $1000 fundraising minimum!
- Experience the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel\
*Must be at least 14 years of age and between 100-300lbs.
How do I Volunteer?
- Check out the Volunteer Opportunity Sheet
- Talk with us to see what is needed
- Sign up to volunteer - Signup link
How do I Sponsor?
- Check out the Sponsorship Packages
- Fill out the Sponsorship Form or Click Donate
ABOUT Boy Scouts of America :
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
“On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.”
We didn't find that.
Nothing to show yet. Register
We didn't find that.
Nothing to show yet. Register
HighlightsSee all activity11
OVER THE EDGE FAQs
Do I need to have experience to participate?
- Not at all! Our technicians will provide all of the training and support you need to get Over The Edge!
What is the minimum age to Rappel?
- Anyone over the age of 14 can participate. People in their 80s and 90s rappel! Anyone Under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian's signature on the legal waiver.
Can I wear a costume?
- Absolutely! Our on-site technical team will do their best to make your costume work for your rappel. The technical team has the final say in whether the costume is safe enough to rappel. stringy, loose, or excessive costumes must be avoided. head pieces that will not accommodate a helmet, obscure the vision, or are notably large or heavy will rarely be allowed.
What is the minimum/maximum weight to rappel?
- Over The Edge's Safety standards require that people must be between 100 and 300 lbs in order to safely rappel.
What is the fundraising deadline?
- Event Day is the official fundraising deadline. If you haven't quite met your target by event day you can contact your event manager to hold your rappel spot with a credit card.
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.